Pond Sludge Remover
What are the benefits to me of using Aqua Meds Sludge Remover?
Bird droppings, leaves, fish waste and other organic matter accumulates and decomposes in all ponds resulting in a layer of sludge at the bottom and hard to clean areas of your fish pond such as between and under the rocks. This sludge degrades pondwater quality and also become toxic producing hydrogen sulfide gas. Once introduced the specially selected beneficial bacteria, enzymes and microbes in Aqua Meds® Sludge Remover immediately begin breaking down and consuming the sludge and muck that accumulates at the bottom of your fish pond.
Aqua Meds Sludge Remover contains two special species of microbes that are very active in enzyme production and sludge reduction. Plus, it includes special bacillum species which are also very good at removing algae causing phosphorus, Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate.
Aqua Meds Sludge Remover is an all around species blend of 7 microbial species of which two are in a vegetative state and ready to react within hours of application. This sets our Aqua Meds Sludge Remover apart form all other Sludge Removes that do not contain these vegetative species.
- Determine your pond water capacity
- If applicable turn off UV sterilizer for 48 hours after application
- For the first application for the season mix two ounces (2 scoops)of Sludge Remover per 1,000 gallons in a bucket with several gallons of pond water.
- Disperse mixture into areas of the pond with adequate circulation
- Reapply one ounce (1 scoop) per 1,000 gallons once every two weeks
- Maintain sufficient aeration during treatment
- Discontinue use when water temperature drops below 50 degrees F (10 degrees C)
One Pound treats a 2,000 gallon pond for 3 months!